is an innovative, safe, and effective non-surgical treatment which aims at providing complete vaginal rejuvenation including labial remodeling and vaginal tightening. It uses the body’s natural processes to stimulate collagen production and restore the vaginal and vulvar areas to a more youthful state.
- less acidic
- less stretchy or flexible
- energy based treatment
- laser treatment
- Radiofrequency (RF) treatments: Electromagnetic waves are used in RF devices. Similar to the waves used in a microwave – but to a lesser extent – the energy is focused to heat the tissue. Brand names of RF devices include Geneveve by Viveve and ThermiVa, ultra-femme 360.
- CO2 laser treatment: The laser heats up the upper layers of the tissue, causing the tissue in the lower layers to make more collagen. This makes the skin firmer and tighter. Brand names of laser devices include MonaLisa Touch®, FemTouch™, and FemiLift.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water 2 days prior and for 4 days afterword.
- Avoid caffeine or diuretics for 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- Wear comfortable clothing to the appointment.
- Removal all jewellery.
- Shave all hair in the treatment area prior to the appointment.
- Must have a gynaecology exam with in the last year with a normal PAP smear.
- Postpone your treatment if you are on your period.
- You may be weighed and photographed at the beginning of your appointment. This is the most objective way to see change. Your photos will never be used for any education or promotion without your consent.
- Treatment areas will be marked and oil or a gel may be applied.
- The treatment area will be exposed to various degrees of heat from the Exilis Ultra 360. This is usually comfortable, but you may experience intense heat. The heat is adjustable and can immediately be minimized for comfort as needed.
- Treatment usually lasts 30-45 minutes.
- Thirty minutes of light physical exercise or activity is beneficial with 12 hours of the procedure.
- Be aware that smoking, excess alcohol consumption, recent surgical procedures, ongoing medication, poor hydration and eating disorders may lead to suboptimal results.
- Expect some redness, swelling, and tissue tenderness for up to 48 hours afterward. Bruising, skin blisters and burns are rare.
- You may have dry skin for several days or weeks in the treatment area.
- Wear a light pantiliner for several days for spot bleeding.
- Photos are recommended at 4 weeks and 3 months after your treatment series to visualize full results.
- Refrain from intercourse for 7 days after the procedure.
- You have an inserted pacemaker, internal defibrillator or metal implant.
- You are pregnant or undergoing Intra Vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Postpone if you are on your period.
- You should wait 6 weeks after giving birth for treatment. An IUD may be a contraindication.
- You have a fever or acute infection – bacterial or active herpes infection.
- You have a poor immune system.
- You have taken isotretinoin in the past 12 months
- You have scleroderma or another autoimmune disease
- You have a history of radiation therapy or healing poorly in the treatment area
- You have vascular disease, varicose veins, peripheral arterial disease, thrombophlebitis or thrombosis or known bleeding disorders.
- You have acute neuralgia or neuropathy.
- All treatments may involve risks of complications or injury from both known and unknown causes. The benefit of this treatment varies with each patient.
- Rejuvenation of the vagina and entire vulvar and area including:
- Plumping of Labia Majora
- Lifting and firming of Labia Minora
- Tightening of Introitus (vaginal opening)
- Tightening of Vaginal Canal
- Tightening of Perineum
- Increased Blood Flow to Clitoris
- May decrease stress incontinence
- Tightens the labia
- Decrease the size of introitus
- Natural lubrication
- Improve sensation
- Improve stress incontinence.
- Four sessions spaced one to two weeks apart.
- Maintenance treatment may be annual.
The basis of the laser vaginal rejuvenation procedure is to stimulate collagen production and increase the elasticity of pelvic floor.
Women notice results immediately and then more so after a short period of time, often a few days. The number of treatments that you will require will be recommended to you for long-lasting results. Most patients require just 2 treatments to achieve long-lasting improvement in sensation and urinary incontinence. Also, this procedure tightens and raises the labia, decreases the diameter of the introitus (vaginal opening) and the vaginal canal.
- Is not painful – women who have had the procedure report only a tingle of warmth but no pain.
- Has no downtime
- Is a very quick procedure, over in minutes
Following your Vaginal laser procedure it is recommended that you do not have sexual intercourse or use tampons for approximately five days to allow the vaginal wall to settle. There is no other restriction and no pain.
Just as with any other procedure undertaken we need to be careful about laser treatment with RF technology as this requires expertise and careful evaluation of the rightful candidate. Side effects of the procedure include vaginal burns, scarring, pain during sexual intercourse and recurring or chronic pain. All these complications can be avoided if patient selection and the procedural steps are followed with due diligence.
Childbirth puts a lot of stress on the vagina, and many women experience a weakening of their vaginal muscles after having children. In addition, just like any other muscle in the body, the vaginal canal can weaken with age. This loosening of the vaginal muscles can lead to a decrease in sexual gratification, and women may also notice that urinary incontinence or stress incontinence occurs. Another consequence of the loss of elasticity in the vagina due to ageing is repeated vaginal infections which are debilitating and distressing.
At iSculpt, our specialist clinical team will provide you with the very best care with safety as a priority. Our staff will guide and support you through your Laser Vaginal Tightening Consultation and Treatment, to Follow Up Care.